Wedding 792 of the year, and what a wedding it was … though that has some ramifications.
For whilst I sliced cured meats and made salted brownies for 150 people, the weekend wasn’t really very food focused, and I’m afraid I’ve not got the capacity, at 10:45pm on a Sunday, to start a full digest of the food pages. So this is one of those abridged versions of #Supplemental, where I just draw your attention to a few of the things that I spotted in between the brownie making and dodgy dancing.
- I love sweet things and I freaking love blackcurrants. So Nigel Slater’s blackcurrant and almond tart and the blackcurrant and poppy seed Chelsea buns were right up my strasse.
- Jamie’s new book is all about eating healthily and glowing and stuff (of course it is). His six recipes in The Sunday Times magazine included nutritional details like total calories and the breakdown of fat, sugar, fibre and so on. Which made a little bit of me die inside. But that aside, I thought lemon sole and olive sauce, sweet courgettes and Jersey royals and the ‘Bombay’ chicken with spinach and cauliflower looked good.
- Anna Jones‘ beetroot tart in the same magazine should be lush.
- The Sunday Telegraph Stella Magazine had a bunch of different ‘summer party recipes’. Diana Henry’s smoky couscous and peaches in muscat, Ella Woodward’s summer iced lollies and Bruno Loubet’s burnt leeks stood out.
- I liked the collection of rustic food ‘from the vinyards’ in the FT.
- And, oh go on then, my third Guardian Cook Residency piece was floating around on Saturday, with a couple of week night supper suggestions (anchovy crumb and radicchio pasta; and mega garlic and tarragon Spring greens). In case you wanted to ask, I’m not sure what I was looking at either.
What caught your eye?